Someone suggest an anime to me. I’ve already caught up on Shingeki no Kyojin and I’m still reading Claymore.
Great animes this season:
- Kill La Kill
- Over the top action that ups the anti every week.
- Gin No Saji (Silver Spoon)
- Story about a kid who moves from the big city to an agricultural high school in the boonies and constantly challenges expectations of farmers and country life.
- Samurai Flamenco
- Regular Otaku dude decides to become a sentai hero in the real world. There’s a massive tonal shift in the series every 4 episodes or so that keeps you guessing. Very unique.
All very different in tone and story but all are fantastic.
Older anime you may have missed:
- Guy finds a way to send text messages back in time and adversely effects his current timeline that he then needs to fix.
- Gurren Lagann
- Over the top action that keeps upping the anti every week. Silly antics while great message about pushing through and doing the impossible.
- Mirai Nikki
- God gives a bunch of people diaries that can predict the future and then instructs them to kill each other and the winner will replace him as god. Story and art style come off as run of the mill anime but the extremely adult situations and constant looming threat of death keep you hooked.
- Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure
- Like an adult Dragonball Z. Lots of manly men fighting vampires and gods.
- Kid lives a slow boring life in a small town until one day a horn grows out of his head. One of the best coming of age animes I’ve ever seen and the music is awesome.